Print Pirate is a small, independent, printing company, based in Birmingham, UK. We believe in investing in climate solutions, rather than climate problems. Which is why, we only print on 100% recycled pulp paper and card stock.
10 reasons to use recycled papers
- Since only about 12% of the UK is covered by forests, every sheet of recovered and recycled paper matters.
- It takes 24 trees to make one ton of virgin fibre paper.
- If waste paper is buried, it releases methane gas, which is roughly 30 times more potent as a heat-trapping gas than carbon dioxide.
- Waste typically costs companies 4% of turnover.
- Recycling spent paper uses 55% less CO2 emissions than incineration.
- Paper fibres can usually be recycled six times over.
- Paper recycling emits over 70% less carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases than virgin paper production.
- Each ton of recycled paper produced, uses 20,000+ fewer litres of water and 35% less energy than producing paper from virgin fibres.
- 12.5 million tonnes of paper and cardboard are used annually in the UK.
- Paper recovery and recycling is crucial for the country to meet its carbon dioxide emissions goal by both conserving the UK’s forests and reducing consumption of energy.